Sunday, April 22, 2012

Footprints on sand

Trail of footsteps behind me

Footprints in sand

The white foam of the ocean wave

Erasing them

Or taking them into its waters

The breeze, the ocean,

The waves stroking at my feet

And then retreating

The ocean...looking unending

Merging into eternal skies

Yet seeming near

It's intimacy with my thoughts

It's bond with my feelings

As if i see all of life in it's vast waters

Perhaps it speaks to me of birth and rise

Like it's new-born wave crest far away

Rises into a high tide

Or it speaks of a welcoming

As it accepts the sunrays of dawn in summer,

The first rain of the monsoon

It beacons the path of winds

And sacrifices it's water to the sky

It flows as a cycle

The ocean glides violently

With the howl of wind

Again it cradles the air softly

Peacefully...it's growl

turning into a lullaby

The same ocean inspires me

As i stroll on wet sand

It takes me to the world of treasured thoughts

Sometimes to memories...sometimes to imagination

Then the lines take shape in my mind

So fresh, so pure, so spontaneous

I collect pearl-shells that stop at my bare feet

And rush back to write my words

The ocean draws me back

And seizes my words

I don't regret losing them to the ocean

Because as it sways triumphantly

It soothes my heart

I wonder, maybe the words aren't great enough to describe it

Perhaps the feel of it, the sight of it cannot be written

Again i relish my footprints in sand

And the feel of ocean waves at my feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment